Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Breast Cancer 3-Day Training Has Begun

It's official, we have started our 24 week regime to get ready for the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk. The first walk I did was for 3 miles and it,well.., it hurt, a whole lot. I have been doing some math calculations and if it takes almost 50 minutes to do 3 miles....20 miles is going to take....a long, long time....assuming that we can walk 4 mph, which is rather unlikely. I am impressed at how fast my legs have kicked in and now the time on the treadmill is mostly just boring. Don't get me wrong, I am still sore after I walk, but my legs no longer feel like jello. I walked 10 miles last week. Today is supposed to be my day off, but since I was too lazy to go last night, I will have to make up for it today.

As the team captain, I would be remiss if I did not call Yna and tell her she had to walk, while she had strep throat, well, at the time, neither she, nor I, knew it was strep.


---**Over to Yna**---

OK, so initially, I'm not as ambitious as Denice. I walked 3 miles last week, with strep. But, from the looks of our training schedule this week, we should be walking 4 miles by Saturday. Yeah, right.


OK, "team captain", explain to me one more time about how you coerced me into paying $85 to register for this walk, commit to raising $2200 by November and if I DON'T raise the money, I don't get the OPPORTUNITY to walk 60 miles over the course of 3 days?!!!! (Denice's interjection here, "because you love me and it is a really good cause.")

It certainly was NOT a marketing or advertising genius who thought up this ploy. I think they would raise a whole heckofalot more money if they said,

"If you raise $2200, then you get to decide who will walk the 60 miles for you.
If you raise $4400, then your designee has to walk 60 miles and carry you piggyback. If you raise $8800, then your designee has to walk the 60 miles nekkid!!!!"

It certainly does change who your designee would be at each fundraising level...... now doesn't it :) And wouldn't you be much more motivated to raise money to find a Cure for Breast Cancer? I know I would.......
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 5:05 PM |

6 comments

<< Home