Sunday, January 22, 2006

Tagged by The Queen Mama

I am posting this post on my Meme blog and this one, since I don't have another entry in mind for Ditsy Chick today.

4 Jobs I Have Had

Calling people to do phone surveys – those annoying people who call during dinner and want to know how satisfied you are with your last lube job.
Record store – all people great and small should work in a record store! The drama of high schoolers rocketing around on hormones. I had men tell me I had great legs and breasts while I worked there…one of my co-workers groped me..we got drunk and went back to work after my boss' wedding reception…God it was the BEST job I have ever had. Oh, and great, cheap music.
A receptionist in a Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Office – Gang bangers, drug traffickers, raging DUI offenders, wife beaters and death row inmates, I met them all. The attorneys were by far the most messed up group of people I have ever loved.
Hostess at a restaurant in a Clarion hotel – I was a hostess, but someone asked me to deliver water to a table. I dropped the tray, glasses of water and the picture all over everyone. I sucked.

4 Movies I Could (and Do) Watch Over and Over Again

The English Patient – Ralph Fiennes, shouting, "Katherine"…chokes me up every time.
Blazing Saddles – Nothing about this movie can be discussed in public anymore, but it should be.
O, Brother Where Art Thou? – I think people appreciate this movie when they have lived in the South.
Saving Grace – This is a British movie that came out about 5 years ago. It is so funny, everyone should see it.

4 Places I Have Lived

Utah – Townhome, my first house. I loved it, but the neighborhood went to hell pretty quickly.
Idaho – as seen here , built in 1929 with tons of character and possibly a couple of ghosts.
Wyoming – The Big Red House. I worked in Jackson, Wyoming for a summer and stayed in a house that had no address. When ordering pizza, I had to tell them it was the Big Red House on the Moose-Wilson road, come up the stairs in the back to the patio door. Great place to flop for the summer.
North Carolina – a true Southern home with a full front-porch. It was lovely, but bland. We did not have enough money to furnish or decorate as we wanted, so it languished a bit.

4 TV Shows I Love

Anything on TLC
Battlestar Galactica
– the new one, not the old one. God, now you know I am a total geek, but it is kinda sexy and cool. No, I don’t read the damn books.
Desperate Housewives
Grey’s Anatomy


4 Favorite Books

The Time Traveler’s Wife
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and The Big Hungry Bear

King Bidgood’s In The Bathtub
The Sound and The Fury (and so many more, I read so many trashy novels, but most are not my favorite books)

4 Places I Have Vacationed

In my shower - dreaming of having the money to have a real vacation.
Ireland
San Diego
– Sea World and the beach, ever since I was a child I have visited and loved San Diego.

Sea World - Shamu Show

Mission Bay

Disneyland – usually in the same trip as SD, but who is keeping track? May I suggest you go an a rainy January day? Because, you will get the whole park to yourself. We walked up and got right on the Pirates of The Caribbean, we did not wait for more than 15 minutes to ride anything!

It's A Small World

4 Websites I Read Every Day

IMDB
CNN
My Blogroll Buddies
– because, apparently, I cannot go a day without finding out what you are doing.
My Bank's website – gotta know where the money is, don’t I?

4 Favorite Food (Groups)

Mexican
Italian
Potatoes
Chinese

4 People I Am Tagging

Melanhead
#1 Dancer
SWF – you did so well the last time!
Anyone else, who would like to do this one!


posted by Ditsy Chick @ 4:11 PM |

18 comments

<< Home