Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

Do you ever have days that sound like this?


“Mom, I’m sick…too sick to go to school.”

“Really? What’s wrong?”

“I don’t feel good.”

“Oh, well, does your head hurt?”

“No.”

“Your chest?”

“No.”

“Stomach?”

“No.”

“Arms?”

“No.”

“Legs?”

“No.”

“Ears?”

“No.”

“Your hair?”

“NO!”

“Little toe?”

“Noooo.”

“Well, you don’t sound sick to me, go get into the car.”

“But Mom, I’m sick.”

"Don't you have a test today?"


___________________________________________________________
Or this?

"Hi, yes, this is Denice, I won't be in today, I'm not feeling well."

"Oh, that's too bad, you don't sound too bad. What's wrong?"

"Um, well, yeah, the thing is I can't really talk about it, but I should make a full recovery by tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is Saturday."

"Yeah, so, I'll see you Monday."

"Hey, real quick, about that deck...."

click

I would never fake being sick, just to get a day off from work. Especially, not on a day something was due and I did not have it finished yet. Nooo, never, not me. How about you?
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:43 PM |

12 comments

<< Home