Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jane's Getting Serious

Bud
Bud,
originally uploaded by me.
So, this is how it all begins….

My oldest son, who is 6, is sweet and thoughtful – that alone should be proof of genetic mutation, because he certainly did not get these traits from me. What he has failed to realize is he has acquired a girlfriend. He has no idea this Lolita has garnered him as her own. He thinks she is just a friend. My mommy senses tell me differently.

The first day I picked him up from daycare, she ran to him and gave him a goodbye hug. I, literally, had to pry her fingers off of my son. The other day as we were leaving she says, “Bud, don’t you want to hug me?” She then hugged him, while my son patiently waited for her to let go.

Clearly, she has staked her claim on my son. I wonder, when or if, he will realize it?
Drink of the day:

Hot
Toddie

Ingredients

1 tsp. Sugar, Boiling Water, 1 1/4 oz. Brandy, Bourbon or Choice of Liquor

Preparation


In a mug, add 1 teaspoon of sugar and your liquor choice. Fill with hot water, garnish with an orange or lemon twist.


posted by Ditsy Chick @ 10:50 AM |

3 comments

<< Home