Thursday, January 26, 2006

Friday Morning Confessional

Confession, it is good for the soul. Try it sometime....

Back in my Catholic high school days, I was, not popular. That was fine with me, as I hated how shallow most of the popular kids were in our school. They lacked depth, character, vision and the challenges that makes a person interesting. At least that was my opinion at the time. That meant that their opinion meant zip to me and shocking them became one of my favorite pastimes. I am confessing one of my minor misdeeds from back in the day.

One day, my very good friend, said she wanted to dance. She was in the cafeteria at school at the time and we had another hour before our next class. I told her she should dance and she said, no, there was no music and people would see her. I laughed, because, up until this point in our friendship, she had never cared what others thought about her. So, I climbed up on the wooden table, in my woolen uniform skirt and proceeded to dance the Irish jig for the population of the cafeteria. Oh, my friends tried to stop me, they tried to get me down, but I was having none of it. I laughed and finally got down off the table, before I had broken the poor, ratty table.

That dance was one of the most liberating things I have ever done in my life. I've never had much love for convention, but you would never know it just to look at me.

So, wherever you are today and whatever you are doing, I hope you do a little dance and laugh like the girl or boy you once were.
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:00 PM |

11 comments

<< Home