Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Have A Plan

As I looked up from my dayplanner to my wall calendar, hanging next to my computer, I was jarred by the realization that I have 5 (F-I-V-E) calendars I use, at my desk alone.


dogs




  • 1 electronic calendar on my computer
  • 1 paper dayplanner , because I don't trust my computer
  • 2 calendars of my kids
  • 1 pretty one, I picked out for the pictures (clouds)

Then, I realized I have 2 more calendars at home (not counting the one hanging on the fridge with my son's lunch menu on it). NONE of them are 100% correct or up-to-date. One is for work, one is for home, one is a backup, just in case the other one starts on fire......

I suddenly realized what had happened to cause this, somewhere along the way (after losing my mind from a 1,000 mile move, transitioning to single parenting and a rough start in my new job) I told myself, "I needed to get my shit together." This means I need to get organized and stop messing up meetings, school functions, etc.. What helps me with this? Why calendars, of course! So, everytime I saw a calendar, I thought, "OOOOOH, this will help me get organized."

So, now, I have 7 (S-E-V-E-N) calendars and not one agrees on what I am supposed to be doing tomorrow, or next week. In truth, I would say, I am more disorganized than ever.

God help me if I ever get this organization shit figured out. I would rule the world! So, what does one person need 7 calendars for? Fuck if I know, maybe I can cut out the nicer pictures and frame them, since I don't have anything else hanging on my walls.
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:23 PM |

15 comments

<< Home