Friday, August 25, 2006

DAMMIT Jim, I'm a Doctor, Not a miracle worker!!!

I am profoundly sorry for not letting all of you know I am alive and well, much, much sooner. I am alive and well. I spent my summer running around like a madwoman and just for fun, I got a second job for the weekends at Talbot's. I have the most awesome wardrobe I have had in years.

The kids are home, the oldest and middle boys have started school. My little 5 year old started Kindergarten and he is doing so great. I am very proud.

Just to give you an idea of my travel schedule this summer, here are places I trained for the 3-Day:

Phoenix - Duh
New York City - Hot and sticky and the smell from the sewers, as always, the Big Apple was amazing.
Miami - 5 miles on South Beach, killed my calves, but with the view, I cannot really complain.
Greensboro, NC - in a sweaty workout room off from the pool, as if that place is not humid enough.
Idaho Falls, ID - along the mighty Snake river, beautiful - and windy.
Cedar City, Utah - got hit on by a truck driver - not sure if I should feel flattered over this.

I have walked 250 miles and I have a 12/13 mile walk every Saturday - 4 am wake up call, because it is hot, hot, hot down here. Followed up with a 7/8/9 mile walk on Sunday. No blisters so far.

Thanks for checking up on me. Now, I am off to get my damn car towed, as it decided not to start at 11:30 last night and Wal-Mart.
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:50 AM |

9 comments

<< Home