Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Cluster F**ck and A Confession

You may have noticed a definitive lack of Ditsy comments and posts coming your way this week. Well, there is a reason for it. I have been on my own, with my children since Tuesday. That’s right, my maid, cook, laundress and nanny, a.k.a. my mother, up and skipped town on me and went home. The nerve of some people, it’s not like I offended her by offering to pay her or anything.

How have I done? I’ll let you be the judge:

Wednesday

7:45 am Yell frantically at children, realizing we have 10 minutes before eldest child misses bus to school and not one of them is dressed.

8:10 am Gets back in the car from dropping off children and listening to middle child scream for 5 minutes after she leaves him at daycare.

8:40 am Arrive at work

8:41 am #@$%#@ I left my laptop at home.

8:42 am Finish banging head on steering wheel and head home.

9:20 am Arrive at work the second time for the day.

5:10 pm Ignore phone call from Scottsdale Area Code, thinking, “I don’t know anyone from Scottsdale.”

5:11 pm Retrieve voicemail of screaming woman shouting,” It’s is 5:10 pm why haven’t you picked your KID up yet? Come get him now!!!” Realize today was art class day and should have picked up eldest child by 4:40, it is now rush hour and it will take a minimum of 30 minutes to get to the school.

5:15 pm While driving on the freeway, dial school, sister-in-law and school again, all to no avail.


5:20 pm Sister-in-law calls back, beg her to pickup child and tell her the teacher may be a tad upset, but don’t let her take it out on you. S-I-L readily agrees.

5:35 pm Retrieve eldest from S-I-L’s.

6:25 Retrieve other 2 children

6:35 Attempt to cook nutritious, healthy meal while youngest is screaming and will not be put down, no matter what bribes are offered.

7:00 pm Pop open a beer.

8 pm Put kiddies to bed.

8:01 pm Crawl into bed and hide under covers.

12:30 am Wake up and realize beer is hammering my stomach, like a frat boy trying to get into a kegger on a Friday night.

2:30 am Cuss at frat boy and his progeny

3:30 am Count sheep

5:15 am 5,012 sheep….fall asleep

5:35 am Wake up to diesel truck starting outside my window.

6:00 am Get up and face the day.

My confession is:

I am going to visit the doctor to find myself some happy pills. I am admitting I bit off more than I can chew lately and my family and co-workers are bearing the brunt of it.

I write this not for sympathy, but to tell you that I think it should be more acceptable to talk about our difficulties and our need for assistance. If you are in anyway getting to this point, please seek out someone that can help you. It’s going to be okay.

I’ll catch up with all of you this weekend.
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:46 PM |

21 comments

<< Home