Monday, December 19, 2005

Just Call Me the Domestic Goddess

Anyone who has known me for more that a few seconds learns not to ask me for cooking tips. I no longer cook, I gave it up for lent one year and forgot to pick it back up. I used to like to cook, except for 2 things ...1) the mess and 2) no matter how much time I put into cooking, my children will bitch about what is set in front of them. My husband has lamented for years about my not cooking. I just don't want to deprive him of the one domestic chore he does so well. He knows he has to cook or I would let him starve. He realized that after a month of foraging in the back of the fridge for something edible.

So, for the holidays, I have found microwaveable fudge. Eh, it's pretty damn good, considering it takes 1 minute to make. As you can see we enjoyed it.

Microwaveable Fudge

I continued down my path of culinary delights with Mac & Cheese and when I went to drain the water out of the pasta, this magnet appeared. How did it migrate from my fridge to the cooking pot? I was not sure, but I laughed my ass off when it appeared in the middle of the pasta.

Mac & Cheese and the Mysterious Magnet Ingredient


However, the final product is a thing of beauty is it not?

Gourmet Dinner


My entrée is complemented by my classic Holiday dinnerware (look the little bastard is winking, because he knows how bad I have been this year).

Fine Christmas Table Ware
Impressed?

You should be. I worked so hard, I had to take a break and pop open a beer. Just wait until you see Christmas dinner.... is Boston Market open on Christmas Day?

Did I just call Santa a bastard? I am going to hell, aren't I?

Drink of the day:

Christminti

1/3 Stoli Vanil
1/3 White Creme de Cacao
1/3 Green Creme de Menthe

Shake over ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 10:01 AM |

13 comments

<< Home