Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hey, Howdy, Hey

Hi, there, so, where do we start? Where have you been young lady?

Yes, let's start there.

The other Manager on our team quit and I have been attempting to do her job as well as mine. That has kept me busy. My oldest son just turned 7, so we had a little party for him. Then, there is the big time consuming activity, getting my team at work to donate to the St. Mary's Food Bank.

You see, there was some serious smack talk at work and I told them we needed to settle it by seeing which half of the department could bring in the most food for a food drive. I was put as the team captain of one of the teams and between March 31st and April 7th, our team donated $815, which we translated in to 2,030 pounds of food (there were also food donations brought in that went towards the total). I have been shopping and brow beating my co-workers for a week, oh, and listening to the other team tell me how they were going to kick our asses - we'll get back to that in a minute. I actually had 5 male co-workers volunteer to go shopping with me and off we went to Costco. At one point while we were shopping we stopped the 3 flat,pallet carts and said, "what the hell else, can we buy?" When is the last time you went to Costco or Sam's and had too much money to spend?

How much did the other team bring in? 1,130 pounds of food. I'd say we spanked them -but, I am not competitive! Plus, we get the traveling trophy and bragging rights and our co-workers who are professional pastry chefs are making the winning team cheese cake and carrot cake - let this be a lesson to you - never compete against a fat chick when cheese cake is on the line! Who won - the food bank - 3,160 pounds of food from 48 people. Ain't competition a great thing?

Sigh, so, I don't have time to blog. Yna has suggested that we keep this blog and we both post. This will up my infrequent posting and allow her to rejoin the blogosphere. We will be the Ditsy Chicks, I will have to get the template changed, whenever I get around to it...I am sorry, life just is so inconvenient sometimes, isn't it?
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:30 AM |

16 comments

<< Home