Sunday, May 17, 2009

Temper, Temper





Here is a picture at the scene of the accident. It wasn't a true t-bone hit, thank my luck stars. It was a low speed accident and no one was seriously injured. Things could have been much worse.


If you follow me on Twitter, you are well aware I was in an accident a week ago. I remained fairly calm right after the collision. I made sure the kids were okay and that my brother was alright, looked over and made sure it looked like everyone in the other vehicle was doing okay. I started to call the insurance company (it was on private property, so I knew the police wouldn't come for the accident). I took a few deep breaths and tried to stop shaking. I had even managed to roll down my window and speak to the guy that hit us.

All-in-all, I was doing well.


For about 5 minutes.


That is about the point where a lady came up behind my van and honked her freakin horn, so that I would move. Apparently, the other car I was attached to, completely escaped her notice. I was on the phone with the insurance at that point, so I rolled down my window and motioned for her to go around my car. This earned me a nasty look. As she passed by my car, she looked at me and clearly said, "bitch".


WTF?!!! OH, NO YOU DIDN'T!!!! Was my immediate response. How could she have missed the fact that there was an accident? Did she care? We were ruining her day because it took an extra couple of seconds to around my car? I would have gladly have traded her sorry ass places. Most of this passed through my mind in a split second.

I immediately honked on my horn (to make sure I had her undivided attention) and gave her the single finger salute (flipped the bird, used the universal gesture for 'fuck off you clueless skag', ahem you get it, moving on now), yelling, "Who are you calling bitch?" as she drove off. (Yeah, my kids heard and saw the whole thing, had this not been right after an accident, I would like to think I would have behaved myself, guess we'll never know for sure, will we?)

My brother looked at me from the passenger seat and said, "I'll get out and talk to him (the guy that had hit us)".

"Yeah, that might be a good idea."
posted by Ditsy Chick @ 9:48 PM |

2 comments

<< Home