Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yna's Unemployed


I have recently become unemployed and Denice suggested I try writing to work through some things through our blog. It’s been a traumatic month, to say the least. Thank the Good Lord for modern medication and good friends or I don’t think I would have made it. It’s amazing how much of your identity is tied to your work. Needless to say, I’m having a bit of an identity crisis. So I would like to share some of my feelings …. about daytime TV. Daytime TV sucks. Holy crap on a cracker!!! Here are some of the shows I love to hate:



Criss Angel: Mindfreak


All his tricks have so much drama involved. He always has these “consultants” (his brother, his uncle, etc.) giving commentary on his tricks. “Oh my gosh, he might die!!” “This is so dangerous, I advised him not to do it, but he’s crazy, he’s a mindfreak.” “One wrong move and it could kill him.” On one episode where he was being buried alive, his girlfriend and his mom were on saying “I wish he wouldn’t go through with this” “Let’s pray for him!!” Do viewers actually believe in this?!!! Come on people, it’s called an illusion, for a reason…. it’s FAKE. We can do without the drama.


Most Haunted


I’m not really into these ghost hunting shows – mainly because I usually end up freaking myself out when I am home alone at night. I love to hate this one just for the hostess. There is a medium/psychic, two investigators and this woman host. They follow the medium around while he talks about the ghosts he senses. But here’s my favorite part…. every time they hear a noise or something moves, the hostess shrieks. Shrieks, screams, trembles and runs!!! Really. You’ve got to be kidding me. Lady, you are with a bunch of people on a ghost hunt in the middle of the night. You are probably going to run into some unexplained things. Duh.


And I’m in infomercial hell. They have 3 channels on DirectTV that sell jewelry 24 hours a day. 3 channels. 24 hours a day. I’m sick of Marie Osmond and Nutrisystem, Billy Mays and the Awesome Auger and 5 different companies selling insurance for car repairs. There's the Shark vacuum, the BowFlex, the BumpIts, and the Magic Chopper. Wow. So much crap for lonely, credit card-toting, unemployed, chubby, flat-haired, lazy.... uh, I think I'll stop here.

It’s hard to be home alone in a quiet house, so I’ve had the TV on for company, mostly. You’d think I’d be able to get a ton of things done, but I’m still emotionally exhausted. I hope to get to the “productive” stage soon.

posted by Yna @ 2:08 PM |

4 comments

<< Home